The History Department Vision
It is our vision to create well informed and articulate individuals, who are Life Long learners and are equipped with the problem solving skills needed for employment in the 21st Century. Our pupils will be able to recognize different opinions and are tolerant of these interpretations helping them to integrate effectively with all members of a diverse and changing community.
Mrs K Morrissey (HOD History, History/Sociology)
Mr G McStay (Geography/History)
Mrs F Hanna (RE/History/MVRUS)
Mr S McGeary (PE/ History)
Ms B Healy (MIA/Art/History)
Aims of the Department
The History Department at St Patrick’s High School, Keady sees History as:
- The time dimension out of which the present has emerged, and without which the present cannot be understood;
- The exploration of that dimension, using historical sources in an intellectually rigorous way;
- The reconstruction of that dimension in ways which are truthful, meaningful and fruitful, both for an historian and for those with whom he/she communicates;
- An essential component of a broad and balanced curriculum;
- An activity for life, essential to continued intellectual growth.
The aims of the Department are therefore:
- To make study of history enjoyable and accessible to all.
- To develop key life skills such as organisation, oral and written communication, teamwork, independence and initiative.
- To develop key historical skills in line with the development of challenging and interesting units of study.
|Berlin Itinerary (14th Feb 2013)||Download|
|What your child will be learning in Year 10 (14th Feb 2013)||Download|
|What your child will be learning in Year 11 (14th Feb 2013)||Download|
|What your child will be learning in Year 12 (14th Feb 2013)||Download|
|What your child will be learning in Year 8 (14th Feb 2013)||Download|
|What your child will be learning in Year 9 (14th Feb 2013)||Download|